Sunday, April 4, 2010

Another Lazy Sunday: Round Three (The Andy Kaufman Edition)


My first exposure to Andy Kaufman came in late-night TV Land re-runs of Taxi, a show which featured Kaufman as Latka Gravas, a mechanic for the Sunshine Cab Company.  I was maybe eight years old when I first saw Taxi, and I'm sure I didn't get it half of the time. But, even then I knew there was something pretty funny about it.

Now, I haven't seen Taxi in years. I'm sure there are still re-runs floating around somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to start looking for them. However, I do have YouTube, and for some reason Andy Kaufman came to mind the other day. So I started browsing around for some videos of his stand-up routine. So, I present to you a few videos of Andy Kaufman, some as his "Foreign Man" character (the proto-Latka) one video of Kaufman as alter-ego Tony Clifton (the footage - from The Dinah Shore Show - is a bit rough), as well as a bit of Kaufman himself with Merv Griffin and Steve Martin, respectively. Tenk you vedy much!







No comments:

Post a Comment