Saturday, July 2, 2011

For the first time in over six months...

...I find myself blogging again. I know. It's been too long.

But I also know you're excited. And I can't blame you. It's been a busy few months, what with wrapping things up at Kenyon and moving on to my first "grown-up" job as Morning News Anchor for AVC Communications. Upsides: I'm making a living as a disembodied voice presenting the news on six stations every day, and implementing sweeping changes to the way a newsroom operates; downsides: I get to work around 4:00 AM everyday. To hear the fruits of my labor thusfar, as well as the write-up on my first substantial story, you can listen to the AVC News podcast here. (And, not to seem like I'm pushing the brand, but you can hear my dulcet tones daily at the AVC News website.)

Beyond that, my new(s) job is forcing me to embrace social networking technology in ways I never thought I would. And because of that, I'm not exactly proud to say that I joined Twitter today - feel free to follow me, if that's your thing. My first tweet?
Well, I guess I've finally given into peer pressure (isn't that what social networking is?)... So here's my first tweet: http://t.co/4YhyRJb
To save you the trouble, that link will take you to the hilarious YouTube video posted below. You're welcome.

For now, I'm going to sign off. More on my fascinating life later - including details on my new car and Bowtie Fridays. But this ought to keep the Gods of the Internet happy for the time being...

No comments:

Post a Comment